Who doesn’t love turtle? And turtle cheesecake is a whole other level of delight. This grain-free, refined sugar-free ‘Turtle Cheesecake Squares‘ are absolutely decadent. There are three steps to making them, but all it requires is a food processor and you’re golden. No turning that oven on for these. If you have never enjoyed the absolute silkiness of cashews as a ‘cream cheese’, here is your chance to be blown away. This dessert will wow any guest you entertain, little and big mouths alike.
This complete recipe was shared on Primally Inspired.
Turtle Cheesecake Squares
- 1/2 C. dates
- 1/4 C. unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 C. pecans (or any combo almonds/pecan/walnut)
- 1 T. coconut oil
- pinch salt
- 1 3/4 C. raw cashews (soaked first in water for 4 hours, drained)
- 1/3 C. coconut oil
- 1/3 C. raw cacoa/cocoa
- 1/3 C. + 2 T. maple syrup/honey
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. real salt
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. butter/ghee
- 2 T. maple syrup/honey
- 1 C. chopped pecans
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/4 t. real salt
- Combine all crust ingredient in food processor until fine crumbles.
- Brush tart pan (I used a 4x14 rectangle) with coconut oil and press crumble into pan evenly. Stick in freezer to harden.
- Put drained cashews with all other filling ingredients in food processor, mixing until very smooth.
- Heat topping ingredients on low on stovetop until bubbling and thickened (few minutes), stirring continually.
- Assemble by pouring filling into frozen crust and spreading caramel nuts over the top. Push nuts down gently into filling. Freeze for 3-4 hours until firm and ready. Enjoy! (Keep in freezer until serving)
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.