I don’t know about you, but anything that resembles “casserole”, well kind of frightens this real food mama. The list of nasty ingredients that gets throw into the typical american casserole is enough to make anyone sick.
This Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake is here and you don’t have to fear nasty ingredients. Actually, it is chock full of nutrient-dense foods that will fill your family’s tummies, PLUS it is still quick and easy to make!
If you haven’t gotten into the habit of cooking up a chicken in its broth every week, do consider doing so. Once the rich broth is made, and chicken has been set aside in the fridge, your main prep for so many tasty recipes is DONE! With the stock and chicken ready in my fridge, this dish took me about 30 minutes to throw together! With only 25 minutes of bake time, dinner was ready in one quick hour. Folks, THAT is the way I need to bring dinner to the table as a busy mama. Glad to share our tasty “Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake” that is both healthful and convenient for busy families.
2 C. cooked shredded chicken
1.5 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C. romano/parmesan cheese
2 small heads of broccoli- chopped small (uncooked)
1.5 C. dried rice
1 C. chicken broth (plus more to cook rice in)
2 T butter, 1 1/2 t.real salt and pepper, 1 t. basil
- Cook rice on stove-top (preferably in 2 C. broth and salt) until still a little hard.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in 9X13 glass dish in oven to coat.
- Beat eggs together in large bowl, then add in the rice, cheddar cheese, broccoli, chicken, fresh parsley, and S&P.
- Pour ingredients into greased casserole dish.
- Top with romano cheese and gently pour 1/2 C. chicken broth over casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Half way through cooking time pour the rest of the chicken broth to keep moist, use more if needed. Top with fresh parsley.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.