Here we have your very own grain-free cake pop, caramel-apple-style. Caramel apple ‘cake’ pops are quick, delicious, and a super fun fall treat for kids to enjoy, without all the garbage. You would never believe this incredible, maple-rich caramel could possibly be healthy….oh but it is. Enjoy giving these treats out this fall, without guilt or hours in the kitchen….
BEWARE: there may be sticky fingers.
3 large apples, peeled (softer apples work better)
½ C. real maple syrup
6 T. unsalted butter
2 t. real vanilla extract
1 T. water
2 T. coconut flour
¼ t. real salt
- With a melon scooper, firmly scoop out apple balls, making them as round as possible.
- Stick cake pop stick into mini apples. Roll in coconut flour. Set aside.
- Add maple syrup, water and salt to pan on stove top over medium heat. Once simmering, turn to low heat for 5 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add butter and cook for 7 more minutes on low, stirring frequently. Add vanilla extract. (caramel should be nice and thick now)
- Quickly pour melted caramel into glass cup and gently dip apple pops into bowl of caramel. (Work quick before the caramel begins to harden, if it does simply reheat until thin enough to dip in).
- Roll in toppings, place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and let harden. Enjoy!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.