Swedish Apple Pie- Grain-Free
This recipe has been a family favorite for many years, given to me by a dear friend. With just a few minor adjustments to make it grain and sugar free, it still tastes fabulous and the simplicity of it is amazing. You may never make a two-crust apple pie again!
- 5-6 large apples- peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 2 T. pure maple syrup/honey
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
- ½ C. pure maple syrup/honey
- 1 C. almond flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 C. walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fill deep dish pie plate ¾ full of sliced apples.
- Drizzle apples with 2 T. maple syrup, sprinkle with cinnamon and mix.
- Beat egg, mix in flour, salt, maple syrup and butter, stir in chopped nuts.
- Spoon over apple mixture and bake for 40-45 minutes, tenting with foil the last 15 minutes.
Serve warm with homemade vanilla ice cream.
Can be doubled in 9 by 13” glass pan for larger yield.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.