- 3 medium/large eggplants
- bacon fat
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar/mozzarella cheese- divided
- 1/2 C. plain yogurt
- 1/2 C. Romano/Parmesan cheese
- generous pepper
- handful chopped basil (4 T. chopped), 1 T. fresh thyme (or 1 t. dried thyme)
- 1 C.red sauce
- Peel eggplant and slice 1/4 inch thickness long-ways.
- Brush with melted bacon fat.
- Grill (or saute) until mostly done.
- To form filling, stir together the rest of the ingredients and 1 C shredded cheese (except sauce).
- Put a small amount of filling down middle of eggplant vertically, and roll up.
- Place in 8x8 glass pan with small amount of red sauce on bottom. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and turning golden.
- Top with more fresh basil. Great served with homemade meatballs or sausage and a salad.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.