I just tried a new recipe I found on ‘Keeper of the Home’ (GREAT blog!) and tweaked it to make it a lower-sugar version (since we are trying to lessen the amount of even whole-food sweeteners we’re eating) with a little different fruit. It turned out fabulous and I wanted to share it with you.
4 C whole-fat plain yogurt
¼ C maple syrup
2-3 servings of liquid stevia
1-2 mashed very ripe bananas
1 C blueberries, 1 C raspberries
- Stir together yogurt and sweeteners in medium bowl.
- Add to frozen ice cream maker bowl and turn on.
- Mash banana with fork in small bowl and add to ice cream maker.
- Chop fruit coarsely and add to ice cream maker.
- Process according to instructions, my cuisinart ice cream maker takes about 20 minutes.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.