2 ¾ C blanched almond flour
½ t baking soda
½ t real salt
6 T butter
3 T honey
5 servings liquid stevia (or 1/3 C honey total)
1 T almond extract
½ C shredded unsweetened coconut
½ bag of frozen cherries/OR fresh pitted cherries
½ C sesame seeds
- Heat butter on stovetop until melted, add in almond extract towards the end.
- TURN HEAT OFF, then add honey and stevia, stir until melted.
- In kitchen aid add dry ingredients together, then slowly add in honey mixture until dough is well mixed. (check dough for sweetness and add more sweetener if needed)
- Take a small ball of dough, flatten out and wrap completely around 1 frozen cherry.
- Roll cherry bomb in sesame seeds.
- Bake cookies on 350 degrees on parchment paper for 10-13 minutes or until starting to get golden colored.
The almond-cherry flavor combo in these CHERRY BOMB cookies is very complimentary!! Biting into this sweet, chewy dough only to find a melted sweet cherry inside—there’s nothing more fun!! ;o) This WILL be a crowd pleaser, kids and adults alike!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.