Adapted from this recipe at Nourished and Nurtured (A favorite blog of mine!)
3 pears- peeled and chopped small
3 medium apples- peeled and chopped small
½ C blueberries or raspberries (fresh or frozen) (optional)
1 stick of butter (melted)
2/3 C homemade sour cream (or coconut milk works great too)
2/3 C blanched almond flour
¼ C honey
SPICES: 1 t cinnamon, ¼ t nutmeg, ½ t real salt, 1 t vanilla, 1 t almond extract
- Beat eggs and spices together.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into large bowl and combine well.
- Pour into a buttered 9×13 glass pan.
- Bake for approx 45 minutes on 325 degrees until the center is set.
- Store in fridge for a quick breakfast during the week.
- Some prefer this cold as it is like a custard.
- Could serve with coconut whipped cream or homemade whipped cream as a dessert.
- If the pear skin is really thin, you don’t need to peel for this recipe.