Make this delicious lemon-drop cupcake recipe from Nourishing
Home….then make my GAPS lemon-cream frosting below!
½ C butter- softened
1.5 t vanilla extract
1 t lemon oil, 1 t lemon zest
¼ C honey (try for a more mild honey like clover, sage or orange blossom…the lighter in color, usually the more mild the taste)
Pinch of salt
(follow these directions exactly)
- Beat egg, vanilla and salt together in mixer.
- Heat honey on stovetop until it boils.
- Add coconut butter to hot honey, only until it softens.
- Very slowly pour hot honey into beating mixture, let mix on high speed for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- In the meantime beat softened butter in separate bowl until creamy.
- Add butter to the rest of the mixture and beat until combined.
The result should be super creamy, perfectly sweet and wonderfully delicious!
- I doubled all the ingredients (to use for 2 desserts) in this except only did 1/3 C of coconut manna (because I’m cheap ;o)
- The coconut flavor is mild enough that it should be complimentary with any recipe that calls for butter-cream. It won’t firm up hard unless it is put in the fridge. If using it for ‘frosting’ cookies, you should frost them and then in a single layer on a cookie sheet, put them in the fridge to harden before you layer them in a container. Keep refrigerated/frozen until use.
Makes enough for a batch of cupcakes, I would double it if you wanted to use if for anything more than that.