2 large peeled apples-shredded or sliced
5 carrots- shredded
½ C unsweetened shredded coconut
½ C walnuts-chopped
1 C homemade yogurt (may be less, enough to coat)
¼ C raisins
Juice of 1 lime or ½ lemon
Zest of 1 lime/lemon
- Shredded carrots/apples in food processor.
- Mix yogurt, juice, zest and honey together in the bowl with a top.
- Add in carrot/apple mix and remaining ingredients.
- Mix together well, serve, put the rest in fridge.
- Try with golden raisins and pecans.
- Instead of shredding apples, use the food processor that ‘slices’ into thin apple chunks. This brings a different texture.
- You can double this recipe making a large amount, keep in the fridge for the week conveniently.
Replace the walnuts with sunflower seeds to reduce the cost of this even more.
This is a great kid snack (adults too!), side dish or easy dish to bring to an event/potluck. You will find yourself going back again and again to this recipe as the flavors are so tasty together and you always have ingredients on hand! It’s also a pretty cheap grain-free snackPAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.