Adapted to be a grain-free, GAPS-friendly recipe from Nourished Kitchen
½ almond flour
½ t baking soda
¼ t real salt
3 medium apples- peeled and chopped
¼ c dried cranberries (juice sweetened)
Zest of 1 lemon + squeeze of lemon juice
1/8 c whey or other liquid
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t cloves % cardamom
1 t vanilla
2-3 T fat of choice (ghee, coconut oil, butter would work good here)
2 T honey + 3-4 servings of stevia (or ¼ C honey)
- Cook chopped apples with fat of choice in medium cast iron pan until soft. (Make sure fat coats the sides of pan for later)
- Beat eggs until very frothy.
- Add the remaining ingredients to eggs and combine well.
- Pour egg mixture over cooked apples in cast iron.
- Bake in oven on 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
**We like it best straight from the fridge. Very tasty from the oven too!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.