I got a great deal on some lobster tails at ALDI and was eager to use them in a meal. We are really trying to be intentional on eating more seafood, especially the more nutrient dense seafoods! Something made me think of making lobster bisque, and I couldn’t find a GAPS-friendly recipe. So here is my creation of a totally GAPS-friendly, super-delicious lobster bisque. Instead of using cornstarch or flour as a thickener like other recipes, I am using veggies that are pureed. Double bonus. Thick and creamy + more nutrients!! While we won’t be eating this often due to the price of lobster, we will sure enjoy when we get to revisit this recipe!
Lobster provides much needed omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin b-12 and selenium….among others. It is preventative in many chronic diseases such as colon cancer, arthritis and heart disease.
½ C butter
4 cloves garlic
2 stalks of celery
1 large onion
½ head cauliflower
½ C coconut milk (or more)
½ can tomato paste
2 frozen lobster tails
2 quarts of homemade stock (any kind, use any fat that may be on top in this too!)
¾ C dry white wine
Dash of cayenne pepper, 2 t paprika, 2 T fresh thyme, 2 bay leaves, real salt and cracked pepper
Cultured cream to top with
- Bring stock to a boil and add lobster and cook (frozen 8-9 minutes, thawed 5-6 minutes).
- Strain stock and set lobster tails aside. (Once cooled, remove meat from shells by cracking with a knife and pulling it out)
- Chop garlic, carrots, celery, onion and cauliflower in food processor until small.
- Sauté chopped veggies in butter in a large stockpot, adding the strained stock after 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, coconut milk, spices and wine, simmering for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to blender, blending until smooth (do it in 2 batches). (take out bay leaves prior to blending!)
- Put back in stock pot to serve.
- Serve with a generous dollop of cream , sprinkle with juicy chopped lobster bites and cracked pepper.
Aren’t those beautiful!!? Save left-over shells for additional stock later in the week!
Very rich, flavorful and filling!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.