Here is a quick and easy breakfast that is probably totally different than your typical breakfast! Fish for breakfast?! YES! Absolutely! Salmon is a wonderfully nutrient dense food, and it’s super tasty too! Unsure about it? I use to be too until I ate it seasoned well. Try it again and you might be very pleasantly surprised! This omelet or egg wrap is SO easy and it works great for any leftover meat and veggies in the fridge!
6 eggs (makes 3 different omelets)
2 salmon filets
fresh dill- chopped
- Cook salmon on stovetop with a couple T’s of butter until flaky. Season with S&P and whatever spices meet your fancy. (I used this fantastic spice blend recipe of Emeril’s)
- Beat eggs two at a time. S&P.
- Heat 2 T butter in a small-medium size cast-iron pan until hot. (make sure it’s hot!)
- Once hot pour the eggs into pan and quickly tilt to be sure the egg is lying thin and covering the diameter of pan.
- Turn heat down to med-low and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute.
- Stuff with flaked salmon, chopped dill and fold over. ( You could also roll this into a wrap shape)