1 lb ground beef/pork + 1 t real salt & pepper
½ head of shredded cabbage
1 C chopped colored bell peppers
1 C chopped onion
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes (optional: with chilies)
½ C+ chicken/beef stock (I keep small amounts in my freezer for meals like this)
1 C shredded cheese (cheddar, or colby)
3 garlic cloves
1 t basil
1 t oregano
Generous amount of white/black pepper
¼ t cayenne pepper
- Brown meat with peppers and onions until cooked through.
- Add tomatoes, spices and garlic to meat and let them get happy together (2-3 minutes).
- Put cabbage in glass 9×13, cover with meat mixture.
- Cook for 30 minutes on 350 degrees, stirring half way through and adding ½ C chicken stock as needed for moisture.
- When cabbage is soft (45 min -1 hour), add cheese to top of dish and cook until melted.
- Sprinkle with additional basil.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.