These are so yummy! I adapted a couple recipes to tailor it to us ( Katy She Cooks and SCD for Life). We will definitely be making them again!! Everyone’s eyes were wide and excited, and they got devoured! My son kept saying “these are the best kind of meat EVER!” This will be a perfect weekend dinner, not requiring a lot of prep, and feeling more ‘snacky’ than traditional dinner food. I really would like to get more in the habit of cooking with seafood at least once a week, and this is a great addition to my sometimes limited seafood ideas.
- 1 pound flounder (or other white fish)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Generous black pepper
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 ¼ C blanched almond flour (or wheat flour if your diet allows)
- ¼ romano/parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Thaw fish partially, lightly salt and pepper it.
- Chop fish into long skinny pieces (4 inch X 1/2 inch) while still partially frozen (easier to cut this way).
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Combine flour, cheese and spices to make breading mixture.
- Dip fish pieces in egg and then in breading, lining on sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until they have firmed up and are a delicious golden brown!
These could be served with honey mustard sauce, or on their own as I think you will agree- they are so tasty they don’t even require a dip!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.